POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not a geek : Re: Not a geek Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a geek
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 9 May 2010 05:31:13
Message: <4be680e1@news.povray.org>
>> Pitty all the great scientists and mathematicians lived centuries ago,
>> eh?
>
> Yeah, because we had quantum physics down pat centuries ago.

Sure, science is still happening today. But name just *one* scientist
who's alive today who has done anything so world-alteringly significant
that almost every man, women and child in the Western world knows their
name.

Yeah, exactly.

> You should read some of the Feynman biographies.

My sister bought me a book entitled "Surely you're joking, Mr Feynman!"
I never did finish reading it, but it falls into the category of Quite
Interesting. (Now if I could just figure out where the hell it's gone...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/